Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
This website www.RefME.com (our “Website”) is operated by RefME Limited (“RefME”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”). By using our Website you agree that you shall not post, distribute or reproduce any copyright material, trade marks or other intellectual property of any another party, including academic papers and journal articles, using our Website or any other RefME service without the right to do so.
- Our Privacy and Cookies Policy, which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us and describes how cookies are used on our Website and your rights in connection with such cookies.
- Our Software Licence Terms, which set out the terms which will apply if you choose to download from our Website and use our Web plugin.
- The applicable app licence terms if you choose to download our RefME app from Google Play, iTunes or another app store.
- Our Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy, which sets out the terms on which you can store and share journals and articles on our Website and the steps you can take if you are concerned that your copyright is being infringed by a someone using our Website.
Checking You Have The Right to Use or Share Materials
Some authors of academic papers allow their papers to be distributed or shared publicly while others prevent academic papers and journals being posted, copied or reproduced in any way. You should review the copyright notices, publishing agreement or other applicable information to ensure that you have the necessary rights to post, distribute or reproduce the applicable academic paper, journal or other material on our Website or using any other RefME service in advance of taking such steps.
Notification and Take-down Process For Claimed Infringement of Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Rights
If you believe that any copyright work or other intellectual property rights have been infringed, your notification of claimed infringement must be set out in writing and sent to us at the address set out below:
Unit 1 New North House
Canonbury Business Centre
202-208 New North Road
Your notification should include the following information:
1. An electronic or physical signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
2. A description of the copyright work or other intellectual property rights that you claim have been infringed;
3. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our Website;
4. Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
We will respond appropriately to any notifications that comply substantially with the details set out above. This may include:
1. Removing or disabling access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
2. Forwarding the written notification to the alleged infringer; and
3. Taking reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that we have removed or disabled access to the material.
Termination of Your Account
If you are found to have breached this policy by posting, distributing or reproducing any copyright material, trade marks or other intellectual property of any another party without the necessary rights or consents, we reserve the right to terminate your account with RefME or to disable your use of the RefME Website and services.